Thursday, June 14, 2007

Top of the List

I'm a list maker. I guess that may be where the outlining comes from, come to think of it. Not that I always remember to take the list with me or always follow the outline, but there you are. It's what I do.

There should be no surprise then that household projects go on a list. The list is rearranged as needed. Some things go to the top of the list because not fixing them immediately would lead to other things needing repair or because I'm excited about them. Some things move to the bottom because they aren't critical or they're too expensive or I just don't want to do them.

A new item is at the top of the list.

As I left the house for my walk this morning, I was dive-bombed by hornets. The little buggers are nesting between the screen door and the front door. This is an example of an item that should have moved to the top of the list because it would cause other problems. My screen door is as old as the house--about 35 years. It's one that can be switched from a storm door (with glass) to a screen door (with screen). But two of the clamps that hold the glass or screen in place have gone missing over the years so it's an air door. Which allowed the hornets to get between it and the front door. Which means I need to find a way to get the nest out of there without getting stung. I'd like to do it without killing the hornets, but if it comes down to a choice between them or me...

Well, it is my house.

Oh, and I wrote 5 pages yesterday. Yay!

No comments: