Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dogs!

A friend dropped off her dogs last night. She and her husband are out of town through the weekend. Both dogs are mixed breed, about medium size (maybe 50ish pounds) and sweet as they can be.

My cat is not pleased. Spooky has been an only cat for a very long time. The dogs' arrival means she is relegated to the blue room. This will mean many tufts of black cat hair will have to be removed before any kind of painting can start. So no redecorating this weekend.

I also have to be careful about the fence between my back yard and that of the neighbors to the west. They have 3 dogs who like to charge the fence when Kita and Missy are visiting. Another one of those projects that may move up the list soon.

An update on the hornet nest: When I sprayed it, most of the hornets flew out under their own steam. Only about 3 died. None of the survivors moved back so I knocked it down. Mission accomplished.

I have a feeling Spooky will be harder to deal with when the dogs go home.

No comments: