Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Room of My Own

I actually have a house of my own, but have wanted a Writing Room since I moved in. I finished collecting all the supplies to convert the Blue Room. Lilac paint for the walls and white for trim, a new light fixture, shelves and new miniblinds. The room already has a daybed that I use as a couch for writing. It took me a while to realize that I preferred the daybed to a desk because that's the way I wrote when I was in junior high and high school. It makes it feel less like work.

There's also a new comforter set for the daybed and lots of fuzzy, brightly colored throw pillows. I'll move my writing books and research books upstairs when it's done. Maybe a few interesting tchochkes to spark ideas.


When I finish it, that excuse for not writing will be gone.

Maybe I'll take my time.

No comments: