Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Late Artist's Way Check In - Week 5

Some parts are getting easier and others are harder. The Morning Pages are such a habit now that I feel stressed if I don't do them first thing in the morning. And I'm resigning myself to the Artist's Dates. But the tasks often feel like busy work. Cameron calls any resistance a "tantrum" which seems harsh, even when talking about the artist child. I think that is one of the things that annoy me about the program. The hyperbole. Saying 'no' doesn't always constitute a tantrum.

My Artist's Date this week was a hike at Red Rocks Canyon. I've wanted to go there for over a year, but just never made it. Saturday was beautiful, if colder than the weatherfolk predicted. I took the long loop around to the Goddess Contemplative trail. The trail itself is gorgeous. It winds among some of the few trees in the park and up against the geological formations that give the place its name. Volunteers have constructed benches from halfed logs so hikers can sit and meditate at various points along the path. Very nicely done.

About forty-five minutes into the hike, and halfway down the Goddess trail, I had what Deb calls an ah-ha moment. The heroine of the 3rd Series (aka 3S) finally showed herself to me. I know what she looks like. I know her name. I know her history. I don't have a plot yet, but I'm sure it will come.

D&D are also speaking much louder. The name of their town showed up this morning. I'm starting to actually hear them. If I wasn't a writer, I would be worried. But I am thrilled.

No comments: