Monday, February 18, 2008

Artist's Way Check In - Week 6

The spontaneous decorating of a notebook last week was fun. And I have to chalk it up to The Artist's Way. I just don't see myself doing it before the program.

I thought about skipping the Artist's Date last week, because I didn't have a lot of spare time over the weekend. But I decided I could spare an hour and a half. I've wanted to learn how to crochet for years. Then at the last Pirate meeting, Ali pointed out that you can use crocheting with beads to make jewelry. Even more reason to learn. I bought a skein of inexpensive acrylic yarn and a kit with five different crochet hooks and book on basic crochet. During my Artist's date, I started the process of learning. The chain was fairly easy, but the single crochet stitch took some fiddling. I'm very slow at it, and feel like I have ten thumbs, but by the end of the date I produced something that did resemble the picture in the book. I will keep practicing. Maybe I can reduce the number of thumbs I have by the end of the month.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Lol. The good news - the techniques I've seen using crochet and beads are all pretty straight forward. If you've got the chain down, you shouldn't have much trouble making a groovy necklace.