Thursday, February 28, 2008

Artist's Way Check in - Week 7

Late.

I performed all the tasks, and my Artist's Date was a trip to a coffee shop to write free hand for a while. I fleshed out the rushed through scenes of HM. I also introduced a few characters in D&D. One showed up that I knew had to be there, but hadn't really thought about. All of a sudden, there she was. Marigold is a dog groomer at the spa. I'm not sure if most spas have dog groomers, but they should. How many pet owners treat their pets like children? And the owner of the pivotal dog in the story has changed into a well-heeled widow. The town now has a name--Overlook, Colorado. It was settled by wealthy mine owners who didn't want to be in Colorado Springs or Denver, but wanted to be away from the actual mine sites. All in all another productive week.

Each week of The Artist's Way is titled, Recovering a Sense of [fill in the blank]. The program could be called simply, Recovering Sense. In all meanings of the word. Now that I am more than halfway through, I feel as if I am recovering my common sense when it comes to writing. I'm also more aware of all of my senses. It all helps.

Deb has finally convinced me to let her read HM. I know some of the edits I want to make already. It should help to have another pair of eyes look at it before I do, though. Once I tighten up those things, I'll let the Pirates have it. Exciting. And scary. They've never read anything I've written before.

No comments: