Monday, January 14, 2008

Artist's Way Check-in

Completed Week 1.

I did morning pages every morning. There were a few mornings that I was surprised by what I wrote. I have to admit it was fun.

I also did my five tasks. Each week, she lists ten possible tasks and you pick five to do. Those were interesting. They definitely brought up some old issues with people from my past. Having read Week 2, I think we're going to be revisiting some of those issues.

Read the Basic Principals and some of the affirmations daily at Deb's suggestion. These seem pretty hokey. I have to say this turned out to be the hardest for me to do daily.

Forced myself to go on an Artist's Date, and surprised myself by really enjoying it. Old Colorado City is now a tourist area of Colorado Springs, but there are some neat restaurants and different shops there. The kind that are locally owned. I went there yesterday afternoon and walked around, but I forgot that in the winter most of the shops are closed on Sunday. It didn't matter. The Soap Box was open so I bought some of the lotion I like. Holly Berry House Crafts was open, too. They've changed their stock a lot since I was last in there--hardly any cross stitch, but so many different kinds of yarn that the skeins almost spill out of the store. Then I found the bead store, also open and having a sale. The containers of beads that look like small prescription bottles were buy five, get one free. Then the woman working there let me use a coupon for $8.00 off my purchase. I bought nearly fifty dollars worth of beads for thirty dollars. Between open stores, I window shopped. Just a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

So far, so good. I've read Week 2 and will decide which tasks to do.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Ooh, that's an awesome deal on beads. I'm glad you surprised yourself by enjoying your date so much.

By the way, when are we getting more jewelry photos?

D.B. deClerq said...

I knew you'd pounce on that. I had some trouble with earrings that I wanted to give as Christmas presents, and that frustrated me. The new purchase has me wanting to try again. With HM so close to the end, it may take a while, though.

Ali said...

What kind of trouble did you have?

D.B. deClerq said...

I wanted to use small teardrop beads, but the hole was drilled too far from the top. They also went straight across rather than curving. The jump rings I'd have had to use were bigger than the bead. I made something else, but was disappointed that I couldn't do what I'd planned.

Ali said...

Ah, bummer. I can't think of any way to get around that, either.

The One and Only John said...

...drill another hole?

D.B. deClerq said...

The problem was that beads are only about 3/8 inch long. There wasn't room for another hole.

They'll work fine on necklaces. Just frustrating that they earrings didn't work. They would have been pretty.