Friday, August 17, 2007

Unstuck In Time

"Just remember that the best bits come up and surprise you from behind. " A comment by Whittaker Luckless on a post by John about being stuck that was a follow-up to a post by Ali about also being stuck.

I have been stuck with HM. Nothing that usually works has helped with the unsticking. I even considered the booze suggestion made by a couple people over on Ali's blog. I went to see Stardust last night with a friend (you were right, Ali & Deb), and while negotiating the traffic cones on Austin Bluffs Parkway on the way home I had a flash for a great subplot. That led to an idea of how to proceed.

Maybe the movie sparked something. Or it could have been the conversation at dinner before the movie. Or it was just that I wasn't worrying about being stuck. In any case, it worked.

1 comment:

Ali said...

It's funny how that works, the better the story that we read/watch/hear, the more excited we become to create our own. At least that's how it goes in my experience. I guess it goes back to the whole idea about how sometimes doing some reading is the best thing you can do for your writing.

By the way, I'm mundo entertained by how thoroughly explained that quote is. That's great.