Thursday, March 20, 2008

Perspective

Deb visited a store called Beads Galore when she was in Phoenix. She came back bearing gifts. There are some unusual beads, colors I wouldn't normally pick but beautiful, and some great charms and pendants. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

The funniest thing to me is that she wants me to teach her to make jewelry. It's funny because I'm still very much a beginner. I feel I need to learn so much. Yet her argument is that I've made more jewelry than she has. True as far as it goes. Maybe we can take some classes together.

How does one go from thinking of oneself as student to teacher? I would be more comfortable teaching quilting than knitting. Even though I learned to knit a dozen years before I looked at my first quilt pattern. Teach writing? Probably not. Not yet anyway. I still have a lot to learn. I think with most things, especially the creative ones, we are always learning. Or at least we should be.

No comments: