Monday, March 24, 2008

Letting Go

I'm a bit surprised at how hard it was to let go of HM. The Pirates were great and seemed happy to have it. I still had a nagging feeling as I handed over the copies. I knew more description is needed. I knew I needed another subplot. But it was time to let other eyes see it.

Part of it may be how invested I got in the characters. A good thing. But I also want others to like "the guys" as much as I do. I guess we'll see.

One more week to go on The Artist's Way. I don't have much to add about the experience. I'm glad I did it. Even though I went in pretty much kicking and screaming. That tends to be the way with things that are good for us.

Which brings me full circle on this post. I didn't want to let go of HM. But it's probably a very good thing for me to step away for a while.

4 comments:

The One and Only John said...

Yes, letting go can be hard, but it is also healthy, like culling trash from a room, or lancing a boil.

Jenny Maloney said...

Ew, John, Ew.

But good on ya for handing it over, DB. Think of it as a bold, courageous move and not like handing your child over to a psycho babysitter who will rip her arms and legs off and then feeding them to the cat.

It's just better that way.

Ali said...

Remember the conversation with Deb about taking time away from MMG? Ditto that for HM.

Besides, you can't very well work on the spa mysteries if you're working on HM, can you?

D.B. deClerq said...

Good points, everyone, I think. And thanks. It is fun to work with new characters in a different setting. I can see where that could help keep things fresh as you work on series.