Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Out Of Order

I wrote a scene out of order. The world didn't explode. Yet.

Yesterday I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up some research books for the D&D series. It's amazing to me how many different topics I need to read about for one setting. Deb says it's a "groovy" setting. I like it, but might have chosen differently had I known. No, that's not true. I do really like the setting.

The characters are becoming a lot more real to me as I go. I guess that's the nature of the game since the same thing happened with HM. It's one of the things that's so much fun about writing for me. Like making new friends.

5 comments:

Jenny Maloney said...

I think you should just visit a lot of spas. (That's the D&D setting, yes?) Then I think you would definitely get a feel for the 'grooviness'.

D.B. deClerq said...

Good idea!

Ali said...

I think you should take "research assistants" when you do. I volunteer.

Jenny Maloney said...

I've realized during this revision process that I've written a lot of scenes out of order...just not on purpose. Does that count?

Jenny Maloney said...

Oh, and I volunteer too.