Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Little Help From My Friends

Mary's hosting a beading party in a week or so. She'll be teaching a basic bead weaving technique. Should be a lot of fun. Not only will I get a new set of jewelry, but I'll be learning something I can use in the Bennie books. And spending time with friends. Triple threat.

Ali's also offered to do a polymer bead class. That should be lots of fun, too. I love the stuff she does with polymer.

Now if we can just convince Nicole to share what she's learning in metalworking.

2 comments:

Courtney Suzanne said...

Working at a bead store, I've met lampwork artists and ceramic bead makers, and I am sooo in awe. If it weren't so darn expensive, I'd probably start doing that, too!

Nicole in RI said...

I will be happy to gift you with my expertise, for I have made the mighty ring of hugeness. I can take any strip of silver -- carefully cut out. Twice. And I can solder the heck out of said ring and produce a ring size 14 or 15, though I was aiming for about an 8. It is a marvel.