Monday, November 5, 2007

Workshop

I didn't want to spend a whole day at a workshop when I could have been writing. Deb talked me into going, though, and I'm glad I did. Although I am now way behind on NaNo goals.

The presenters hit all the ways writers can add tension to their work. All the pieces of writing can be used. Character, setting, pacing, plot all can be places to add tension. The exercises were fun. I got to try to make a fountain pen scary. I'm not sure I succeeded, but it was fun trying.

I will be thinking about what I learned as I churn out pages of HM. The trick will be to not self-edit as I'm working.

2 comments:

The One and Only John said...

I like what Carrie said about how the real writing is in the revision process. Just remember that the revision process and the draft...drafting are two totally different things.

Jenny Maloney said...

I can totally see how a fountain pen would be scary...all that ink! Everywhere! My eyes!